The Red Lippie is Now MUD-Manila Certified!

May 13, 2012



If there is one makeup school I've been dying to attend, it will be the Make-up Designory (MUD) located at Serendra, which is said to be the "Harvard" of all makeup schools.

Well- just happy to share that I have finally experienced the MUD training through their Personal Makeup Class. There were only 4 other girls who came in for the same class plus moi. It was a 7-hour intensive makeup class which we really enjoyed.

Personally, this is my very first formal makeup class and I am surprised that I learned so much which left me embarrassed with myself. I first chanced this class in a buying site called Deal Grocer. After buying it, I told my friend Giz if she wants to buy one too because we've been talking about makeup even before our NS days if I remember it right and so she did.

While everyone was saying I was good or even very good (hehehe)  by some people through the shoots I've done before, I realized as a makeup artist, I am guilty of some misconceptions. I always thought that I know enough about eyeshadow application or eyebrow grooming, and yet in this class I was feeling like it was my very first time I applied makeup on my face. As if I threw away into the window everything I learned from my own experience and from the many videos I watched. There is no substitute for a one-on-one class but videos are great if an actual class is not available.

Just sharing to you some pics. One of the highlights of this class is the usual photoshoot:)






Overall, I can say that I am still a work-in-progress no matter how much people compliment my previous work. And if one really wants to be a serious makeup artist, there are ONLY three things that must be done to become successful:
  • PRACTICE
  • PRACTICE
  • AND LOTS OF PRACTICE

To be a good makeup artist, just like in life, the key is to keep an open mind.  Because it is only when we keep an open mind that we start learning.


Love,
Miss J

You Might Also Like

0 comments