TSHIRT SURGERY | MY THOUGHTS ON SHIRT RECONSTRUCTION

February 28, 2012

I've always wanted to learn how to sew and make my own clothes, but I think it's a little too late to learn it at this point in my life but then as they say, never say never.

So let me share my other talent, Bellas! Tadah! T-Shirt Surgery:

Few days ago, our office handed us some free shirts. However, it looked too manly, and not even a hint of femininity to it basically because it is a men's shirt.

Too bad I didn't take a pic of my shirt before I started surgery on it. But more or less, it looked like this:

Photo from Bethany Sew-and-sew

And now to this!

Off Shoulder Baby:)
The equipment(s):
  • Scissor
  • Lighter


And now the how-to's:
  1. Fold the shirt's neck, get a pair of reliable scissors and start cutting the neck to your desired length.
  2. Do the same for the sleeves. 
  3. Finish off by either not doing anything or take a cigarette lighter and start burning the loose ends. Be careful though as this could harm the material more than you think if you aren't that focused.


I plan on wearing this later. I'll let you know if there are any violent reactions, hehehehe.

Have you ever done surgery in your shirts? How was it?


Love,
Miss J

You Might Also Like

0 comments