REVISITED | REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION VS MAX FACTOR LASTING PERFORMANCE

January 05, 2012

First of all, let me tell you my skin story because like many of girls out there I don't have the perfect skin. In fact, I do get the occasional pimple here, there and everywhere in my face. So enough of the introduction, so far I have listed my skin story:
  • Yellow skintone
  • Combination (Oily T-Zone and dry cheeks) to Oily skin
  • Prone to a pimple or two before/ during my period
  • Uneven skin tone
  • Dark spots
  • Scar (thank you, chicken pox!)

Now, let's talk about the basics-- FOUNDATION! 

Today, I decided to revisit two of my fave drugstore foundations.

Revlon ColorStay
Makeup with Softflex for Combination/ Oily Skin
Php 825+

ColorStay™ Makeup with SoftFlex™ provides lightweight comfort, so you feel like you’re not wearing makeup. Looks fresh for up to 16 hours.

LIKES:
  • This works best with with my Loreal Magic Base Primer for easy application
  • Reduced oiliness in my face; usually after 2 hours I needed to blot
  • It claims to be a 16-hour foundie wear but I don't think it lasted on me that long, perhaps 8 hrs or so (blame it on the genes) but for a drugstore foundie, this performed a lot lot better
  • Perfect for a night out as this would prevent caking and I need not blot too much
  • Medium to heavy coverage
DISLIKES:

  • Medium Beige in my opinion does not match me to a "T". I feel like it's a little too white for my complexion but I am getting this in Golden soon so this should be off my list after that
  • Some shades are not available locally
  • Weird smell (according to some) but no, I am not bothered at all
  • Weird packaging; no pump:(

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation
Php 745

- Long lasting and smudge resistant .
- Lasting Performance Liquid Make-up feels natural on the skin
because it is specially designed with silicones that feel lighter and less greasy than some traditional oil based formulas.
- The foundation is less likely to wear off as the special touch proof system helps keep the colour pigments in place


LIKES:

  • I got this in Natural Bronze Shade and it was a perfect match in my yellowish skintone
  • Very blendable, very smooth under a primer; a little goes a long long way
  • The oil control was surprisingly very good as I need not blot that often in a day
  • It made my skin glowing (read: not dry); the very first in my books that I looked glowing like a BB cream endorser, lol:)
  • Covered my blemishes and medium to heavy coverage; no caking
  • Sleek packaging
DISLIKES:

  • So far none!

My Verdict:
Revlon ColorStay:= 4.5 Lipsticks (√)
Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation= 5 Lipsticks (√)



Overall, both are great products (√) and worth spending if you share the same skin story as I do. 

Hope this helps! Till next time... 

Ciao a tutti!

You Might Also Like

0 comments